World Cup Russia 2018 Betting Offers, Promotions and Free Bets
The World Cup is undoubtedly one of the greatest sporting events on the planet. With the qualification process for the 2018 tournament now over, it’s time to start thinking about the main event next summer.
As with the last World Cup (in Brazil in 2014), bookies are going to be pulling out all the stops to attract you to bet with them. That means a whole host of enhanced odds offers, money back deals, free bet promotions and much more.
We’ll be listing details of all the best offers and bonuses available right up to the World Cup final in Moscow in the summer of 2018.
In the meantime, be sure to check out the best free bets from the most trustworthy bookmakers around!
World Cup Russia 2018 Betting Offers
Here we will give details of the latest football betting offers relating to the World Cup, which for now will focus on the final qualifying games and play-off matches.
- OFFERS TO FOLLOW SOON…
Between the games, whether you want to bet on the outright World Cup winner, or indeed any other football related bet, check out our FREE BETS page for the latest bookie offers and bonuses to help skew the odds in your favour!
2018 Russia World Cup Updates and News
The long and winding road to as World Cup finals begins many years before the tournament itself even begins. There is a long time and a lot of football between a country being announced as hosts and the winners being crowned.
We recently reached an important landmark along that road though, as Peru and Australia claimed the final two spots at the finals. They came through intercontinental playoffs against New Zealand and Honduras respectively.
They joined the 30 already qualified nations and completed our lineup for the game’s showpiece next summer. So, what next?
Well, the next important event is on the 1st December and takes place in the Russia capital, Moscow. As the table below shows, currently we have our 32 nations grouped together in four Pots of eight.
On the 1st, that will become eight groups of four, when the draw for the finals is made. Russia are team A1 and are in Pot 1 for the top seeds. The teams are grouped according to their FIFA world ranking.
Russia World Cup Draw Pots
|POT 1||POT 2||POT 3||POT 4|
As you can see, Gareth Southgate’s young side are in Pot 2. That means they will have to face one of the best sides, although it does mean they avoid Spain.
Due to the rankings system, England should expect to make it out of the group phase, given Pots 3 and 4 look relatively weak. Of course, sides such as Sweden, Denmark, Egypt and of course Iceland could give England a real test. Even from the lowest pot, Nigeria, Serbia and Australia would be no pushovers.
However, we fancy the Lions to prosper. As ever there is a potential Group of Death or two. How about Germany, Spain, Sweden and Nigeria? Or Brazil, England, Denmark and Serbia?
Come the 1st December we’ll have a much better idea of how the 2018 World Cup might pan out. Right now, Germany are the favourites. They are priced at odds of 11/2 with Betfair, with Brazil 6/1, France 6/1 (again with Betfair) and Spain 15/2 with Coral.
Betting on the World Cup
As you can see below, we now know all of 32 sides that will be at the 2018 World Cup. It isn’t long now till we’ll see the goals flying in and the best footballers in the world going head to head.
Goals and brilliant football are part of the appeal of the World Cup. However, the other main reason we love the football World Cup – from the first qualification match to the final itself in Russia – is because the bookmakers are competing very hard with one another for our business and that competition is great for us punters.
As with the Cheltenham Festival and other huge betting events, the bookies are offering loads in the way of enhanced free bets – both for new and existing customers – and betting offers, bonuses and promotions. Let’s take a glance at the European qualification groups as you decide what you want to bet on.
We’ll be checking with all the top bookmakers and listing all the best of the World Cup betting offers right here throughout the qualification process so be sure to come back regularly as we’ll have all the details of the very best free bets and promotions, from money back offers to enhanced odds, England specials and plenty more.
So check out the latest and greatest World Cup betting offers on this page and help stack the odds firmly in your favour as the teams battle to make it to the biggest festival of football the world has ever seen!
World Cup Betting Offers Explained
- Money Back Offers – One of the most common bookie offers is to offer money back (often as a free bet) if a certain event happens. There are sure to be loads of these for the many qualifiers for the World Cup, for example cash back if a certain player scores first or last in a given game, if there is a red card in a match or if a game ends 0-0. There could also be deals such as money back if a particular team (one the bookies fancy taking on) wins the World Cup outright and these give you a great insurance on your bets on other teams or outcomes.
- World Cup Free Bets – Loads of bookies will give improved free bets for the World Cup, so instead of their normal £25 free bet they might offer a £50 free bet. We’ll have full details of these offers as soon as they go live. In the meantime, there are plenty of decent offers to scoop up such as the Ladbrokes £50 free bet offer for new customers!
- Mobile Exclusives – Many of the best and biggest free bets and offers are increasingly offered as mobile exclusives. This has been the case with more and more of the best offers at recent big events from other sports and we would expect some great World Cup mobile betting offers. As with all the other free bets and offers, as soon as we have details you’ll find them all here.
- Price Boosts and Enhanced Odds – For certain big games top online and mobile bookmakers will offer enhanced odds on certain teams, players or doubles, or may offer short term price boosts that take the odds well into the realm of a value bet. Stakes may be limited on these and sometimes they are for new customers only but at other big events – such as the Cheltenham Festival, we saw horses available at three or four times the real odds! Betfair and Coral have regular price enhancements.
- Insurance Offers – The bookies are sure to extend their insurance offers so that if just one leg of a football accumulator – be it a both teams to score bet or match odds or anything else – lets you down, you either get your money back or you get a free bet to the value of your stake. (See Ladbrokes for such an offer.)